Junior Membership Scholarship
The NSDTR Club of Canada (NSDTRCC) has created a Junior Member Scholarship program to encourage young Canadians to take an interest in our breed and to participate in activities with their Tollers.
Two Scholarship awards of $500 each will be presented biennially in the year of a National Specialty, and at the National Specialty banquet when possible, to two successful candidates.
- must be or have been a Canadian Junior member in good standing of the NSDTRCC within the last three (3) years prior to the application date;
- if not presently a Junior member, must be a member in good standing of the NSDTRCC for at least 12 months previous to the application date;
- will be attending any post secondary institution in September of the award year; and
- must not have attained their 21st birthday on December 31 of the year of the award.
The applicant will write and submit a 1,000 word essay describing the following:
- The significance now and in the future of having a Toller(s) in their lives;
- The activities they have been involved in with their Toller(s); and
- What they have done and what they plan to do to promote the breed to their community.
The essays will be judged by the Executive and the Scholarships will be awarded based on the merits of the essay and not necessarily on actual ribbons and titles earned.
The purpose is to encourage Juniors to participate in activities with their Tollers and not to judge Juniors solely on their success in competition.
All submitted essays will be published in Toller Talk.
More Awards & Scholarships
You might also be interested in these awards and scholarships: